Thursday, November 18, 2010

Response 7: Ingrid Schaffner and Matthias Winzen, eds., "Deep Storage: Collecting, Storing, and Archiving in Art" (1998)

In this reading I found it quite long and time consuming, however it was work it, but what I didn’t’ like was the quality of some of the scanned pages since some pages were blurry and faded o­­­­­­­­­­­­­ff; it was hard on the eyes.
The idea of “Deep Storage” was really interesting since this art reminds viewers of the importance how art was in our history and reflects how the past created and forgotten about Art. While, reading the text Chinese history came into my thoughts; the images of scrolls and old Chinese art material like a feather brush with old Chinese ink that reminded myself about Chinese’s culture. As such, I believe the reading reveled my past history about culture of artwork just like what the text is trying explain in the text.
Furthermore, I found throughout the reading the only art piece that caught my attention the most was the Silverthorne since it captured the idea of Deep Storage because of the communication and imagery it provides for the viewer when setting eyes on the artwork. To sum up, the reading text was quite interesting with the understanding of history and past, however it’s a long read so be ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment