Thursday, December 2, 2010

Response 9: Roman Mars' radio interview with Max Neuhaus on "Radio Net," produced for Re:sound, WBEZ Chicago, 2005


              Max Neuhaus artistic talent of using taken sounds was really interesting since his experiment with sounds let him create some type of new sound that was taken sound heard before, but when mixed it gives out a cool interesting sound that listeners couldn’t know until the sounds are broken up then the listener will understand what the sound were individuals. In my opinion, I found him a great contributor into the new ago of producing new sounds and the idea would not everything should be created by scratch, but it could be taken sounds that can still that produce surprising sound through remix.

Furthermore, his experiment the “RadioNet” suggested callers to place sound into the phones to create a new music through the mixture of the sounds from the phone contributors. I believe this experiment set the toll on remixing sounds into music. Also, it let radio turn from a 1 way toll into a 2 way toll so listeners can give their opinion which I agree was a great idea in my opinion since he provided the listeners the change that taken sound can be create in this new format of music artist. Overall, I really enjoy the break through that he had done with sound and I hope one day I will be able to conduce breaking experiments like Max Neuhaus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment